Relocation Assistance

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Holidays, AFDW Family Days & Weekends: Closed



Relocation Assistance is available to total force members and their families authorized to make a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move. The Relocation Assistance Program (RAP) provides programs and services designed to minimize the adverse effects of relocation. Customers can access services through the Military and Family Readiness Center (M&FRC), as well as, through several online avenues.

The program offers planning assistance and education on how to minimize the stress and maximize the benefits of military life and frequent moves.

Pre-arrival, arrival and post-arrival services will incorporate the following resources:

  • PCS planning: Most relocation assistance programs offer consultations to help you with the moving process. If this your first military move, your first time moving overseas or you have challenging or complex circumstances contact your installation Relocation Assistance Program as soon as possible for support.
  • Plan My Move: An online Defense Department relocation tool that provides you with customizable checklists and links to helpful resources for the tasks ahead.
  • Military OneSource: A website and call center that offer 24/7 support for moving information and resources. Learn more about PCS basics and download this fact sheet 7 Steps to Make Your Household Goods Move a Smart Move. For comprehensive moving resources and information, including Defense Personal Property log in details, visit Moving Your Personal Property.
  • Workshops and briefings: You may find classes on housing options, moving with children, moving with pets and more.
  • Predeparture briefings: These sessions provide essential information about your move and may be required for some populations.
  • Special needs: If you have a child or family member enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program, contact us to assist you.
  • Settling-in services: Look for welcome programs or local area tours that may offered. Overseas services may include introductory language classes and cultural awareness activities.
  • Foreign-born spouse support: Assistance includes information and referral to resources such as immigration and naturalization.
  • Emergency assistance: Sometime emergencies occur while moving. The Military and Family Support Center has the resources to provide emergency financial assistance, as well as information and referrals.
  • Authorized housing flexibility options: Eligible service members with PCS orders may be entitled to flexibilities such as extended stays in government housing and early housing eligibility. Contact your military personnel office for more information.
  • Spouse licensure reimbursement: Your service branch may reimburse spouses up to $1,000 for relicensure and certification costs resulting from relocations or PCS moves. See this Military OneSource article Transferring Your Professional License for more information and specific service branch policies.


  • JBAB Installation Relocation Assistance Program (RAP) Office

The RAP Office can help you if you need the assistance.